Tess is a friendly and caring psychologist, dedicated to helping people grow through life’s challenges. She holds a Masters Degree in Clinical Psychology from Macquarie University and has experience working with clients across the lifespan in a range of settings. Tess takes the time to understand the challenges that individuals and families are facing, and then create treatment plans together that will address their needs.
Tess has a special interest in supporting adolescents and their families and knows that adolescence can be a particularly difficult time. When working with teens, Tess shows genuine compassion and focuses on developing trust, respect, and collaboration to build their personal strengths and skills.
She uses evidence-based treatments such as Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) to assist with the following presentations:
- Anxiety (including panic, worry, and phobias)
- Academic/work stress (including procrastination and perfectionism)
- Depression/low mood
- Self-esteem and identity issues
- Emotion regulation (including anger management)
- Social skills
- Family and relationship difficulties
- Sleep difficulties
- Obsessive compulsive disorder