This is a great opportunity for a Child and Family Therapist who aims to establish and grow his or her own profile within the supportive environment of an established psychology practice, benefiting from an established client base.
We are continuing to grow our team to meet the high demand of our referral base. This is an opportunity for experienced therapists to work with children and families, joining a well-established practice.
The practice has some flexibility with sessions across different days of the week and the ideal candidate would be available for some after hours and/or Saturday appointments.
What we require
You are a practitioner with experience in your area of interest and are passionate about building upon your career working within a practice where you are treated as a fellow clinician. You will be valued for your commitment and contribution. You pride yourself on your clinical skills and this is shown through the results that you achieve with your clients.
Working with RWA provides our psychologists with
- Established practice with a strong reputation for client care across diverse areas
- Stability and security as the practice has been established for over 20 years with a sound client base
- Existing client base ready and waiting for you
- Administration fully taken care of by our friendly and efficient administration team and Practice Manager, allowing you to focus on your clinical work.
- Flexible working conditions/hours including work from home options
- Realistic client loads designed to support healthy practitioners and work/life balance
- Attractive remuneration structures to suit your circumstances – both employees and contractors
- Well established procedures allowing a professional and enjoyable work space
- Opportunity to develop and offer group therapy programs
- Opportunities to develop your area of interest
- Work culture that encompasses respect, trust, commitment and open communication (including the ability to enjoy those ever important light hearted moments with colleagues to ease our clinical load)
- Clinical support, reflective supervision and mentoring
- Individual, peer and group supervision as well as professional development opportunities
- Professional mentoring with Practice Principal
- Work with a team that provides collaboration and communication
- We value skills that extend beyond more traditional CBT approaches such as ACT, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), Schema Therapy, Narrative Therapy, Mindfulness-based strategies, Psychodynamic, Relational and Attachment focused therapy)
What we are looking for:
- Specific training in child and family psychology.
- Sound clinical skills and experience working with children and families.
- Availability to see clients across at least 2 days per week and at least one evening and/or Saturdays desirable. There will be the capacity to build beyond this if desired.
- Either a Registered Psychologist, Clinical Psychologist, Clinical Registrar OR
- Member of AASW (Accredited Mental Health Social Worker – AMHSW)
- Sound skills in clinical assessment, case formulation and evidence-based treatment and a wider range of therapeutic approaches
- Clinical flexibility and competence
- Active participation in self reflective practice, critical thinking and professional development
- A warm and approachable manner with colleagues and clients alike
- Self-motivated and organised, with the ability to work both independently and part of a team
- Strong verbal, written and organisation skills
For further information please contact Rebecca Wheeler during business hours or email your expressions of interest and CV to email@example.com 029980 1400
A word from our Director, Rebecca Wheeler