This is a great opportunity for a PERINATAL psychologist who aims to work within the supportive environment of an established psychology practice with a strong perinatal referral base.
RWA Psychology – Family Matters works with clients across the lifespan. We have clinicians working with children, adolescents, adults, couples and families. We have a strong interest and referral base in perinatal psychology.
We are located in Beecroft where we have beautiful purpose built clinic rooms. Beecroft has a lovely village atmosphere with plentiful coffee shops, is accessible by train and an easy drive from many areas of Sydney.
We are continuing to grow our team to meet the high demand of our perinatal referral base. This is an opportunity for psychologists experienced in the PERINATAL space to join our team.
The practice has some flexibility with sessions across different days of the week. A strong demand for morning based appointments at present would be ideal for a psychologist with a family, wishing to be back home for after school hours. Availability of a Saturday morning would be desirable.
What we require
You are a practitioner with experience in working with a perinatal population and are passionate about building upon your career working within a practice where you are treated as a fellow clinician. You will be valued for your commitment and contribution. You pride yourself on your clinical skills and this is shown through the results that you achieve with your clients.
Why you would want to join us
- Stability and security as the practice has been established for over 20 years with a strong client base
- Excellent work culture that encompasses respect, trust, commitment, open communication and work/life balance.
- Work with a passionately supportive, friendly and warm team that provides collaboration and communication
- Access to a team of receptionists and a Practice Manager allowing full management of all accounts and appointments
- Grow your profile and career within an established practice
- Professional mentoring
What we are looking for:
- Specific training and/or sound experience working with a perinatal population including
- supporting parents during preconception, pregnancy, postpartum and early parenting years.
- working with parent/infant relationships.
- grief and loss in the perinatal period.
- The ability to work within a wider presenting population of clients to complement your perinatal client base would be an advantage.
- Availability to see clients across at least 2 days per week and at least one evening and/or Saturdays desirable. There will be the capacity to build beyond this if desired.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a clinical setting preferred (However we welcome all enquiries)
- Clinical Psychology Registrars with appropriate perinatal experience are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and record keeping
- Full APRHA registration
This is traditionally a contractor role aiming to allow a clinician to build their own career with the support of an established practice however there is the option for salaried positions should this be preferred and appropriate.
For further information please contact Rebecca Wheeler during business hours or email your expressions of interest and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org 029980 1400
A word from our Director, Rebecca Wheeler